RM of Rockwood
Reclaiming in the RM of Rockwood
- World renowned Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre- over 36 sq.km of reclaimed wetlands on Hwy 67– just 15 minutes north of Winnipeg,Manitoba.
- Stony Mountain Ski Hill “Celebrating over 25 years” of Skiing and Snowboarding. Embrace winter. Snowboard & ski equipment rentals.
- Prairie Dog Central Railway stops in Grosse Isle where the Interlake Pioneer Trail starts with hiking, biking, birdwatching. Added recently is a pioneer home, a school and a church to tour.
- Boonstra Berry Farm- U-pick farm, strawberries & raspberries and Halloween Corn Maze.
- The Fox Tower, one of Rockwood’s Heritage places can be can be toured daily, located just East of Stonewall at 76135 Rd 8E.
- Brant Argyle School in Argyle, built in 1914 is a rare survivor, historically. Still used as a school & the only one of its kind in Manitoba & possibility Canada.
- Visit Settlers, Rails & Trails Museum in Argyle. See: Reflections Page 50 for more info
- South Interlake/Rockwood Ag Society “ Red Barn”becomes a gathering place for Ag interests.
- Norris Lake Campgrounds. Enjoy many hours of leisure doing boating, camping and fishing. Located in the Northern part of the R.M. of Rockwood.
- Wm. Kurelek Monument and Park (corner of Hwy 7 & 67) celebrating a local Interlake artist