RM of St. Clements
Journey into the Past in the RM of St. Clements
- Come explore the East Beaches Heritage Wing at Grand Marais to relive the heritage of the area and the heydays of Grand Beach as a wonderful summer getaway it continues to be.
- Home to Grand Beach Provincial Park, voted one of the top 3 beaches in North America.
- Cottage country along the East Beaches of Lake Winnipeg is a fabulous getaway.
- Historic St. Peter Dynevor Church, built in 1854 – the only Aboriginal parish in the Red River Settlement. Chief Peguis of the Saulteaux, friend of the Selkirk settlers and defender of native land rights, is buried in the churchyard.
- Fishing at “The Locks” is a habit that dates back over 3,000 years. A gathering place for fishing, hunting and trading continues at Lockport on the Red River.
- Birds Hill Provincial Park offers hiking, cycling, rollerblading, camping, swimming, picnic sites.
- The Floodway serves as a recreational link to the Duff Roblin Parkway and the Red River North Trail/ Trans-Canada Trail.
- Discover numerous heritage sites throughout St. Clements, linked together by a trail of geocaches. As of 2018 some of these Heritage sites are linked by QR codes to the oral Heritage stories