RM of West Interlake
A place for all seasons… A place for all reasons in the RM of West Interlake
- Eriksdale has the only Creamery Museum in Manitoba which hosts an Annual Creamery Days every August, along with a fair & rodeo.
- Abundant Geo-cache sites for outdoor treasure hunting off the beaten track. Historical Walking Tours of Eriksdale and Museum Tours from museum.
- August long weekend is about the Eriksdale Giant Community Yard Sale held annually on the Saturday with 30+ sites each year.
- The Murals of Erikdale were painted by local artists at 2 locations – along the recreation center and the small ECU building.There are now 10+ murals depicting our history.
- Moggey’s Cabin was the hideout for Percy Moggey when he was on the loose as the first convict to escape over Stony Mountain Penitentiary’s Wall.“Over the Prison Wall” tells his story as the Manitoba convict to remain free the longest.
- McEwen Park is a quiet Wayside Park, peaceful setting. Up the road you’ll find Ashern Sharptail Park that’s great for camping and picnicking.
- Check out the Ashern Pioneer Museum with their Threshermen’s Reunion in September along with the Ashern Rodeo
- Ashern is Rodeo central on Labour Day weekend – starts Friday night with events to watch and participate in. A petting zoo, breakfasts, dances, fireworks and more.
- Ashern serves as a major trade center in the Northwest Interlake, offers a variety of retail stores & businesses, junction of Hwy 6 & PR 325.
- “Best kept secrets” – Oak Bay Lodge, Lake Manitoba Narrows & Silver Bay situated on Lake Manitoba, sandy beaches, clear blue water & numerous sand bars- great swimming spots.
- Paradise for outdoor recreation- camping, fishing, 4-wheeling & snowmobiling. A hunters’ paradise for geese, ducks and Sharptail grouse along with deer, elk, moose & bear.