St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church
Take Highway 8 to PR 231. Travel 3kms north to Dnister Rd and turn west. The church is one mile down a gravel road. This church is designated a Municipal Heritage Site and was built in 1906 by early Ukrainian settlers. Located north of Gimli in the area known as Dnister, this very simple log structure is adorned with one dome (banya) in the Ukrainian tradition and reminds us of the pride and tenacity of the Ukrainian settlers who broke this land with little resources than their hands and courage.
Location/Directions: Highway 8 to PR 231. Travel 3 kms north to Dnister Rd and turn west, go one mile down a gravel road.