Applications NOW OPEN for the ITA Tourism Development Fund
The Interlake Tourism Association (ITA) Tourism Development Fund (TDF) supports efforts to grow the tourism economy in the Interlake region. The TDF exists to administer the funds and support tourism development in Manitoba’s Interlake. The TDF is governed by the TDF Committee and Executive Board which is comprised of 6 members. It is supported by the advice of the Board ex-officios from Community Futures West and East Interlake, whose 2 members have experience with tourism-related enterprises and activities. The TDF Committee functions under the Executive Board of Directors and committee members are volunteers from our Board, Community Futures, and Executive Board of Directors. The ITA will also provide the ITA Manager to act as a resource to assist in administering the fund.
APPLY TODAY, if you have a project in mind that contributes to the core Manitoba tourism experience, with a unique blend of cultural and nature-based attractions and travel experiences, our program can provide financial support to help you develop new, or enhance existing, tourism products/experiences.
Here’s what to do…
- Read the ITA Tourism Development Fund Guidelines
- Gather data, plans, and budget details that are requested before diving in
- ****(Required) Prior to formalizing an application, project applicants should review the Tourism Development Guidelines attached and then contact one of the following Community Futures Representatives to discuss the project scope and eligibility:
- Review the resources below and fill out the TDF Application (fillable PDF – Be sure to save the PDF to your desktop BEFORE completing the form) For a direct copy, please email email@example.com
- Answer all parts of all questions
- Give the budget request proper attention
- Outline your matching funds
- The request does not exceed the maximum amount of the grant
- The request is in line with your program plan outlined in the grant
- Submit all support letters and required documents
- Please forward all completed applications and materials to both Community Futures firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- If you prepare your application 1-2 weeks prior to the due date and would like advice on how to improve your application, please request assistance from Community Futures Application Materials: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Please download the application form and save it to your computer before filling it out. Once completed you can save the completed application and submit it by email to Community Futures.
Additional Application Resources
Watch the Grant Writing Webinar Recording HERE (35 minutes)
The webinar is a great resource for people who want clarification on the application, are new to the process…or for those who want tips and tricks on writing grants to help with future applications! 😁 (Get the inside scoop of what assessors look for)
To be successful, applicants must meet the criteria set out in the guidelines and follow the application process. Applications are to be submitted on a per-project basis. There is no limit on the number of applications one organization can submit, however, only 1 application may be submitted per project per year. Recurring events, for example, Farmer’s Market every Sunday for the season, should be submitted as 1 project.
Applications must be received a minimum of 30 days prior to the project commencing.
Applications are submitted and reviewed semi-annually on the following schedule:
|Submission deadline||Funding notification date||Final Report Due|
|November 15, 2022||December 15, 2022||December 15, 2023|
Any ITA Member who directly financially benefits from the project applicants or partners will excuse themselves from the adjudication process.
Criteria for Evaluation
Applications meeting the mandatory requirements will be reviewed and evaluated by the TDF Committee using a scoring matrix, using the following criteria;
- Description of the project (business, event, experience etc.)
- Marketing and other efforts used to draw tourists to the area
- Economic impact on your region and overnight stays
- Capacity for increased; tourist spending, and or tourism assets
- Professional and experienced personnel/organizer(s)
- Sound budget and evaluation strategy/plan
Funds are disbursed in two installments:
- The first installment – 50% of the approved contribution -will be released once a funding agreement has been formalized.
- The final installment – 50% of the approved contribution – will be released upon approval of the final report at project completion.
Please note the Tourism Development Fund is a discretionary program with a limited funding allocation. In some cases, a project that meets all program criteria may not be approved for funding as other projects may more effectively meet the criteria.
All funding shall be for future projects. Retroactive funding will not be considered.