Interlake Tourism Association Association Administrator
The Interlake Tourism Association (ITA) is seeking an Association Administrator. ITA is a growing association with 100+ members working in the field of tourism development and marketing. This is a contract position for approximately 240 hours annually with hours required each month ranging from 15 to 40 with potential for further growth. The Association Administrator, reporting to the Association Manager and Board of Directors, is solely responsible for all aspects of administration of the organization, which would include the following:
- Membership attraction, retention, member service and administration – to include membership marketing, annual mailings, maintaining membership database and responding to member inquiries in a timely manne
- Association governance to include organizing quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors, drafting Board agendas and reports, serving as recording secretary and following up on action item Organize annual general meeting and assist with nominations as required. Provide support to association committees as required.
- Event coordination and management – working with host communities, organize the annual Celebration of Stars Awards dinne Responsibilities will vary but include preparing nomination materials, overseeing judging and registration, tracking event budget and finances, event administration and serving as general resource to host location.
- Accounting and finance – responsible for financial management of association, in conjunction with the external bookkeeper, to include working with the manager in developing annual budget, accounts payable, banking, preparing journal entries and producing financial reports for Board meetings; and coordination of year-end financial review.
- Communications – ultimately serve as the ITA central office, responding to all non marketing- related mail, telephone calls and email on a daily basis; maintenance of ITA website
- General administration – upkeep of corporate records, renewal of licenses and insurance, upkeep of constitution and bylaws, maintain cloud based file and hard copy file system
- Learn from the current Association Manager the marketing responsibilities for the ITA with the intention of taking over this position through succession in future year
- 5 years’ experience in management of not for profit or industry association / experience working collaboratively with Boards and volunteers
- Multitasker who can set priorities and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Administrative, computer and bookkeeping skills with attention to detail – experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Simply Accounting or QuickBooks. Knowledge of Microsoft Access and WordPress an asset
- Willingness to travel to ITA events and other meetings in rural MB.
- Working relationships/knowledge of other organizations/departments involved in tourism in
- Manitoba an asset.
- Working knowledge of Interlake geography and tourism offerings an asset.
Please submit cover letter and resume outlining related qualifications and experience, as well as your expectations regarding remuneration. Send to email@example.com by February 28, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More Information: ITA Administrator Job Description (PDF)