Interlake’s “Celebration of Stars”- Night to Celebrate
With rain falling shortly after 5:00 p.m. the planned outdoor events such as horseshoe competitions and wagon rides had to be cancelled however it did not dampen the spirts of the group who gathered to enjoy a fine meal and to celebrate the Excellence within the Interlake Tourism community. Use of the jail was called upon for photos from time to time just to keep things orderly but the evening was full of fun & enjoyment for all.
Emcee’s for the evening – Lana Cowling Mason & Henry Sikora explained the gift of an ITA embroidered bandana for all in attendance, shortly thereafter many of the members took up the challenge of how to “make a fashion statement” in their own style. Check out the pictures of the winners to see what I mean.
Close to 120 guests & Interlake Tourism Association members gathered to Celebrate another year of the great happenings in our region in tourism. Following a delicious meal of Baron of Beef & fixin’s[the Hitch’n Post signature meal] and delicious Apple crisp with creamy Vanilla ice cream the festivities got under way.
This year we had 26 nominees, all receiving a Certificate of Excellence prior to the presenting of the coveted Awards in 8 different categories. Thank you to all those who sent in nominations, without you making the effort this would not be possible.
Award Winners for 2010
- Interlake Non-member Tourism Award- Teulon Truck & Tractor Pull
- Service Excellence Award- Danny’s Whole Hog BBQ & Smokehouse
- Marketing Excellence Award- Narrows West Lodge & Developments
- Sustainable Tourism Award- Gimli Art Club- Seawall Gallery
- Partnership Award- West Interlake Trading Company
- Product Development Award- Whytewold Emporium
- Volunteer of the Year- Pat Eyolfson- Arborg & District Multicultural Heritage Village
- Interlake Award of Distinction- Icelandic Festival of Manitoba
- Congratulations to all our nominees and winners of the 8 Awards.