Planning your Summer Manitoba getaway?
Detached 3-bedroom 4-season lake house/cottage/cabin for rent on Brewster Bay near Arnes, MB:
- The maximum occupancy is 6 people. 3 bedrooms including a larger master bedroom with a queen-sized bed, a second bedroom with 2 twin beds, and a cute loft bedroom with a double-sized bed,
- One 4-piece bathroom,
- Large eat-in kitchen with lots of cupboard and counter space and an island,
- Bright, spacious open concept living room with vaulted cathedral pine ceiling, pine and wood panel walls & an entire wall of large, south-facing windows,
- Huge elevated deck with an insulated gazebo to keep cool in Summer and warm in Spring and Fall,
- Plenty of parking (even for your ATV, boat or RV),
- Large private lot. Large front yard with a fire pit. Treed back yard with raised flower & vegetable gardens and room for camping in tents,
- Electric baseboard heating with centrally-located free-standing metal wood stove (with a rustic stone back setting),
- Pet-free & Smoke-free Home,
- 3 major appliances (fridge, stove, microwave) included & a nominal extra fee to use the washer & dryer,
- For use of guests, the following are provided: linen, towels, barbecue, 2 fire pits & firewood, books, playing cards & games, television, VHS and/or DVD player, and movies. Use of cups, plates, cutlery, pots & pans is subject to health considerations due to any pandemic or other health emergency.
- Some of the activities, attractions, events, and festivals listed below are subject to cancellation due to public health orders.
- Steps from a lovely secluded, sandy beach on the west shore of Lake Winnipeg. This ground is rocky in the water there, but good sandy swimming areas are 2 minutes north.
- Across the street from a large green space.
- Only a few minutes’ drive to Arnes Farmer’s Market (9 AM – 2 PM, Sat & Sun, May to October), Camp Newstadt German (private) Beach
- Also, a few minutes’ drive to Spruce Sands Beach, Restaurant & Store. Spruce Sands has knee-deep water on fine sand for 50 meters out from shore.
- 5-minute drive to Camp Morton Provincial Park and Hnausa Beach Provincial Park & Store.
- Close to boat launches with ramps. $5 at Silver Harbour Marine Resort (the largest private marina in Manitoba that is 5 minutes away) and free in Gimli or Riverton (10 minutes away).
- 10 minutes north of Gimli, home of the Icelandic Festival of Manitoba – Islendingadagurinn during the August long weekend with concerts and a midway. Gimli also has a hospital, a popular beach, a pier & sea wall, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, the New Iceland Heritage Museum (live music every 2nd Wednesday at 7 PM), Lake Winnipeg Visitor Centre, Gimli Motorsports Park & Go-Kart Track (Interlake Dragway races every second Sunday), Gimli Aquatic Centre (with 2 large waterslides), a bowling alley, and a movie theatre as well as events such as the Gimli Ice Festival in March, Craft Sales in April and July, Beach Car Show in July, Gimli Film Festival from in July, Sandcastle Contest in August, Gimli Model Plane Fest in August, and free concerts on Harbour Stage at 7 PM on some Sundays (beach bash concerts on select weekends in July & August).
- 15-minute drive to Riverton or Arborg. Both have a Co-op grocery store & pharmacy. Arborg also has karaoke at the Travelling Inn one Saturday each month, Silver Western Days on the 3rd Saturday in May, Arborg Fair & Rodeo in July, Arborg & District Multicultural Heritage Village, a library, a hospital, and the Noventis Aquatic Centre & Water Park. Riverton has the Icelandic River Walking Bridge & giant moose statue.
- 20-minute drive to Fraserwood with events such as the Craft & Garden Sale in June, Fraserwood Family Pancake Breakfast, Parade & Picnic in June, Perogy & Kolbassa Dinner Feast in August, Western Hoe-Down in September, & Karaoke on the first Friday of each month at the Fraserwood Hotel.
GOLFER’S PARADISE: 15-minute drive or less to 3 golf courses: Marvellous Meadows Golf and Grill, Links at the Lake (formerly Pelican Beach), & Sandy Hook Golf Club). 30-minute drive to 5 more golf courses: Netley Creek Golf & Country Club, Winnipeg Beach Golf Course, Inwood Golf and Country Club, Teulon Golf & Country Club, and the spectacular Hecla Golf Course.
- 30 minutes south of Hecla Provincial Park and Gull Harbour on Hecla Island and Grindstone Provincial Park.
- A 70-minute drive from Winnipeg’s north perimeter (up highway 8).
- Great hiking, swimming, boating & fishing in Summer.
- Great place to have your Honeymoon or just to relax and meditate in nature.
- Weekly rentals (Friday to Friday) are generally required, except on select dates. Rental cost is:
- $1,150 per week,
- $1,250 per week if the week includes a long weekend (July 1 to 8 & September 2 to 9, 2022),
- $1,350 per week during the Gimli Icelandic Festival (July 29 to August 5, 2022).
- Cancellation policy: Full rent must be received to reserve a booking. E-transfer is preferred, but cash delivered in person is also acceptable. 50% of the rental fees plus the damage deposit (if received) will be refunded if the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before the check-in date.
- Damage deposit: $575 must be received at least 2 days prior to check-in (refunded within 7 days after check-out if no damage or extraordinary cleaning).
- Check-in & Check-out time: 4 PM check-in & 11 AM check-out.
- Garbage & Recycling pickup by RM of Gimli: Weekly on Wednesdays.
- No smoking.
- Small pets will be considered on a case-by-case basis.