Source: George Penner
Built between 1910-1913, St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church is the oldest surviving building in the RM of Fisher. It is a good example of the architectural traditions of the Boyko region of Ukraine, as shown in the use of a three chambered plan (vestibule, large domed sanctuary and apse) and a distinctive tiered dome. Its log construction, although hidden, is a link to the old country, and one of only 10 known surviving examples in Manitoba. The highly decorated church interior contains paintings created by noted Manitoba iconographer Jacob Maydanyk.
Location/Directions: Poplarfield, Hwy 17 & 68