The St. Andrews Rectory was built between 1852 and 1854 as a home for the minister of St. Andrews-On-The-Red Anglican Church, which is found across the road from the Rectory. Today, it is a Canadian National Historic Site that depicts the history of the Red River Settlement.
The Rectory’s distinctive Red River architecture hints at the role that the Church Missionary Society and the Church of England played in the lives of the Red River settlers in the 19th century. Imagine the day-to-day lives of the Reverend and his Red River settler parishioners in the 1800s. View exhibits depicting the history of the rectory and its founders, revel in the soaring spire of the Gothic Revival-style of the church and enjoy the beauty of the restored rectory.
The grounds are open year-round, with guided tours available during the summer. At the end of your journey, visit the gift shop for St. Andrew’s-inspired local foods and trinkets.
374 River Road
Saint Andrews, MB
For General Inquiries: (204) 785-6050
For Programming: https://www.standrewsrectory.ca
Parks Canada: https://parks.canada.ca/standrewsrectory