City of Selkirk
Happenings in the City of Selkirk
- Enjoy Summer Entertainment all summer long at the one of Manitoba’s most picturesque outdoor concert venues (Events are always free- never cancelled just moved indoors)
- Experience master angler fishing on or off shore for world-class Green Backs and Monster Catfish
- Celebrating Canada Day in Selkirk is a must! Entertainment, Kids Zone, Games and the best Fireworks in the Interlake! Only 20 minutes North of Winnipeg
- Marine Museum of Manitoba, hosts six historic ships including the S.S. Keenora, Manitoba’s oldest Steamship. Perhaps you will feel the presence of her ghost!
- Selkirk Park, on the Red River, has a campground, boat launch, skate park, Manitoba’s largest outdoor pool & splash pad, fairgrounds, walking trails & more!
- The Red River is a Canadian Heritage River- a destination for many visitors
- Selkirk Lift Bridge, circa 1935, spans the Red River at Selkirk, replacing the old ferry
- Historic sites featured in tour book along with the RM of St.Andrews & RM of St. Clements.
- Chuck the Channel Cat- standing 11 metres high, proclaiming Selkirk as the Catfish Capital of North America.
error: Content is protected !!